Tailoring weld attributes
1. S. Mishra and T. DebRoy, Tailoring Gas Tungsten Arc Weld Geometry using a Genetic Algorithm and a Neural Network Trained with Convective Heat Flow Calculations, Materials Science and Engineering A, 2007, vol. 454–455, pp. 477–486 (pdf).
2. A. Kumar and T. DebRoy, Tailoring Fillet Weld Geometry using a Genetic Algorithm and a Neural Network Trained with Convective Heat Transfer Calculations, Welding Journal, 2007, vol. 86(1), pp. 26s-33s (pdf).
3. R. Rai and T. DebRoy, Tailoring Weld Geometry during Keyhole Mode Laser Welding using a Genetic Algorithm and a Heat Transfer Model, Journal of Physics, D: Applied Physics, 2006, vol. 39(6), pp. 1257-1266 (pdf).
4. A. Kumar and T. DebRoy, Tailoring Complex Weld Geometry through Reliable Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Calculations and a Genetic Algorithm, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 2005, vol. 36A, pp. 2725-2735 (pdf).
5. S. Mishra and T. DebRoy, A Computational Procedure for Finding Multiple Solutions of Convective Heat Transfer Equation, Journal of Physics, D, 2005, vol. 38, pp. 2977-2985 (pdf).
6. S. Mishra and T. DebRoy, A Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Based Model to Obtain a Specific Weld Geometry Through Multiple Paths, Journal of Applied Physics, 2005, vol. 98, 044902 (pdf).
7. A. Kumar, W. Zhang, C.-H. Kim and T. DebRoy, A Smart Bi-directional Model of Heat Transfer and Free Surface Flow in Gas Metal Arc Fillet Welding for Practicing Engineers, Welding in the World, 2005, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 32-48 (pdf).
8. A. Kumar and T. DebRoy, Guaranteed Fillet Weld Geometry from Heat Transfer Model and Multivariable Optimization, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2004, vol. 47(26), pp. 5793-5806 (pdf).